The city of Norfolk has contracted for a pilot project with Mobile Video Services Inc., to validate the address and digitally photograph the exterior of residential and business properties in pilot neighborhoods.
Project goals and benefits include:
- Validate property addresses to identify homes and business for fire, police and medical emergency response.
- Improve the overall quality of property tax appraisals.
- Complete a property inventory of all improved parcels in the city.
- Save taxpayers money by making the property tax administration process more efficient.
- Assist homeowners and business with "before" photos in case of losses.
- Enhance emergency management recovery reports necessary for state and federal assistance.