Government Technology magazine had some year in review items on cybersecurity.
Yes, I'm behind in my professional reading — aren't we all!
Here are some numbers and areas of emphasis when it comes to cybersecurity and the IT departments that support emergency management and other parts of government.
- Priority-wise, cybersecurity remains the No. 1 concern for IT directors.
- Interestingly, county IT directors rated Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations as their second priority
Cyberstrategies in Use:
- Ransomware Prevention and Response — 77%
- Cyberinsurance — 71%
- Data Encryption Enforcement — 56%
- Security as a Service — 41%
- Enterprise Security Operations Center — 35%
Thus, it remains clear that cybersecurity is a significant concern as we enter into 2019.