This is a project position, tied likely to recent disasters. If another disaster happens before this two-year project position expires — you might have another two years!
Check out Public Assistance Program Assistant (Emergency Management Program Specialist 1).
See below for major duties. It is a very "administrative" function. If you like that sort of thing, with the frequency of disasters, you will likely always be able to find employment in emergency management — if you have a good reputation, that is.
Responsible to perform grant documentation and grant funds reimbursements:
- Develop and monitor grant contracts.Coordinate and process
- grant funds reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate and ensure timely process Sub-recipient refunds received.
- Review and annotate grant award general and special conditions.
- Grant reporting to federal and state oversight agencies.
Assist varies PA Program Managers in coordinating and completing Sub-recipient grants closure reporting to federal and state oversight agencies:
- Initiate grant closure procedures and assist in contract and grant close-out process.
- Ensure all mandated special conditions such as insurance requirements, environmental requirements, archeological/historic requirements, and hazard mitigation completion requirements have been reviewed and certified.
- Reconcile all payment requests and reimbursements with Finance Office to ensure fund balance accuracy.
- Ensure Sub-recipient case management files for records retention ensuring the entire file is complete with all construction and non-construction documentation.