At the direction of Governor Jay Nixon, the State of Missouri Office of Administration hosted the Governor’s Cybersecurity Summit in Jefferson City. The purpose of the Summit: to engage with stakeholders, including representatives of state and local governments; law enforcement; business; higher education; and K-12 institutions across the state.
The key goals of the Summit included:
1) Information Sharing and Awareness, including case studies and information sharing on current and emerging threats and industry best practices;
2) Training and Exercises, with an emphasis on sharing expertise and experience on tools proven most effective in detecting and defending against the growing number of cyber events;
3) Workforce Development, including strategies for educating the current and future cybersecurity workforce;
4) Hardening Critical Infrastructure, such as the electrical grid with an emphasis on ensuring continuity of services; and
5) Incident Response, with an emphasis on swift and effective coordinated response to cyber attacks.
This Year's Topics include:
State government is uniquely positioned to serve as a resource for organizations in both the public and private sectors and further strengthen cybersecurity preparedness across Missouri.
- Governor Jay Nixon, State of Missouri
415 West McCarty Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
2017 Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact:
Phone: (916) 932-1435