The 2018 GovTech 100 List is Out!
Check out the companies here
A Sudden Spike in Gov Tech Deals Since the last GovTechBiz newsletter, there have been a lot of deals. Here they are, from most to least recent:
- Blockchain Voting Startup Raises $2.2M Seed Round The company, Voatz, has been testing its mobile-first platform in a variety of settings.
- Government Bond Startup Closes $10M Series A BondLink is young, but it's already signed the state of Florida and other big clients on as customers.
- Elucd Raises $1M Seed Round The startup, which is already serving the country's single largest municipal police force, has raised money from the Omidyar Network and Y Combinator.
- Hubbell Buys Aclara for $1.1B The publicly-traded company has acquired smart meter-maker Aclara in what is likely the largest gov tech deal ever.
- Passport Raises $43M Series C, Gets into Tolling The company's single-investor Series C round gives it money to grow its staff 50 percent, get into a new service and open international offices.
Martin O'Malley Joins ClearGov's Board of Directors
The former Maryland governor and presidential candidate will join ClearGov
in the midst of a busy season that has seen the startup roll out several new projects.
Mapzen Shuts Down
The GIS platform, a favorite of many in the GIS community for its ease of use and open-source approach, is shutting down. Users have until February to grab what code and data they want
before the API goes dark.
How Firefighters Use Drones
A new infographic from a drone retailer offers insights into how firefighters use drones and how big the market is
GovTech company on our radar this week:
Calthrope Analytics: Offering software to better plan sustainable urban growth.
Run a GovTech company? Get on our radar here.
WHAT WE'RE READING
GovTechBiz is our weekly newsletter covering the companies, deals and trends in the business of gov tech. Got a news tip? Other feedback? We're listening. Send it to GovTechBiz Writer Ben Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.