Photo: Government Technology's Chad Vander Veen
The initial schedule of industry speakers for the upcoming Web site Management Conference on March 4-6, 2009, has been announced by Manhattan, KS-based CivicPlus. Featuring three days of in-depth briefings and discussions on emerging e-government trends and best practices, the 2009 WMC is geared towards executives, IT professionals, department managers and information officers from all walks of local government.
Along with Chad Vander Veen, associate editor for Government Technology magazine, the 2009 WMC will feature speakers from industry-leading experts including the:
- Executive Director of the Center for Digital Government
- Platform Strategy Advisor from Microsoft
- Executive Director of the Public Technology Institute
- Former CIO for Los Angeles, California
- Former Web Manager for the U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development
"It's exciting to know that the value of information and quality of speakers continues to increase with every year," said Ward Morgan CEO of CivicPlus. "We are confident that city, county and state government professionals -- regardless of how they manage their web sites -- will find the WMC's workshops, breakout sessions and keynote presentations highly relevant and very useful in everyday practice."
The 2009 WMC will provide comprehensive briefings and discussions on:
- Maximizing information technology budgets
- Staying ahead of Section 508 compliance
- Going green by moving residents from in line to online
- Improving online communication with citizens
- Emerging trends and Web site management best practices
View Full Story