February 29, 2008 By Chad Vander Veen
3. When Our Systems Make Us Stupid
Edited from a speech given by Gopal Kapur of the Center for Project Management, this story was resurrected from the 1997 issue of Government Technology's Visions magazine.
4. Raleigh, N.C., CIO Gail Roper Succeeds in a Field that Fewer Females Are Entering
Gail Roper, CIO of Raleigh, N.C., writes about her experiences breaking into a male-dominated industry.
5. Government Sites Post Social Security Numbers
According to a January report from The Washington Post, Social Security numbers of public citizens and government officials are available on government sites.
6. Ready for Digital TV?
Full-power TV broadcasters must switch from analog broadcasting to digital by Feb. 17, 2009.
Online 3-D mapping tools combine with GIS to deliver better location information.
8. Is Your Jurisdiction Prepared?
Take the Emergency Management magazine survey.
9. DHS Extends Real ID Deadline, but Funding and Privacy Questions Remain
After nearly three years, the DHS released the final regulations for Real ID.
You may use or reference this story with attribution and a link to