11AM PT, 2PM ET
Duration: 1 hour
Thursday, May 9, 2013
11:00am PDT / 2:00pm EDT
Faster, Better, and Cheaper: Software Development with a New Perspective on Service Virtualization
Complex software modernization projects are often risky, time consuming, and expensive, but they don’t have to be.
An innovative new strategy can dramatically shorten the software development cycle, control costs, and reduce risk. The CA Dept. of Health Care Services discovered how Service Virtualization could cut time and costs. It can cut 25% to 50% of the time needed for development projects. Developers can start debugging sooner, which means better quality and better overall results for their organizations.
Chris Cruz, CIO for the CA Dept. of Health Care Services, recently said, “I’m looking to service virtualization to allow me to do more with what I have, without setting up multiple environments across multiple servers.” DHCS is leading a major legacy system modernization project to revamp the California MMIS.
Join the Center for Digital Government and Government Technology in realizing the implications and potential values of virtualizing the existing legacy/mainframe services to support your overall migration/modernization effort.
This live, interactive webinar will demonstrate how to:
- Cut the time needed for software development projects by 25-50%
- Significantly reduce the cost of projects
- Allow developers to interact with in-progress systems
- Uncover 60-90% more defects at least one step earlier in the development process
- Start integrated system testing earlier, for a faster & better approach to coding
- Remove dependence on external partners and systems for testing
- Provide testing environments to make environment management a non-issue for large development efforts
Center for Digital Government
CA Dept of Health Care Services
For questions or to register, contact:
800.940.6039 ext. 1345