10AM PT, 1PM ET
Duration: 1 hour
Managing aging infrastructure assets requires a constant balancing act between prioritizing preventive maintenance efforts, scheduling urgently needed repairs and planning new investments.
For Fort Worth, Texas, that meant finding a better way to track and maintain over 135,000 stormwater assets, and manage an estimated backlog of $1 billion in capital and maintenance drainage projects.
Join Digital Communities, Fort Worth and Esri as we share how the City was able to reduce paperwork by 90%, save three to six months of temporary work each year and increase staff productivity by one hour each day by integrating GIS and asset management.
During this live teleconference, we will discuss how to:
- Track work against actual assets vs. an address
- Better plan work schedules and easily respond to citizen calls
- Select assets, create work orders and distribute work based on geographic locations
- Access work orders and maps from the field
- Improve costing by better identifying the amount, type and location of work and appreciate assets over time
Center for Digital Government
IT Programmer/Analyst, GISP
Transportation and Public Works
Stormwater Management Group
Fort Worth, Texas
Specialist - Water/ Wastewater