10AM PT, 1PM ET
Duration: 1 hour
Thursday, October 18, 2012
1:00pm ET/10:00am PT
Did you know that in 2011, Symantec alone detected and blocked over 5.5 billion cyber attacks – nearly double the number from 2010. But it’s not just the sheer volume of attacks that’s worrisome. They’re also getting smarter and more sophisticated. Join Symantec’s Chief Security Strategist, Brian Tillett for an overview and analysis of the year in global threat activity.
- Web based attacks increased by 36% with over 4,500 new attacks each day.
- 403 million new variants of malware were created in 2011, a 41% increase of 2010.
- SPAM volumes dropped by 13% in 2011 over rates in 2010.
- 39% of malware attacks via email used a link to a web page.
- Mobile vulnerabilities continued to rise, with 315 discovered in 2011.
Symantec Public Sector