2018: Highlights from the Year in Data (Infographic)
Throughout the year, the Center for Digital Government surveys cities, counties and states driving public-sector technology forward. Here are some takeaways from those surveys and a look back at the year in gov tech.
Here are some top-level insights from the Center for Digital Government's* flagship awards programs from the past year: Digital Counties Survey, Digital States Survey, Digital Cities Survey and Government Experience Awards.
Click through for data points on the state of gov tech across the country. Click here for the full infographic.
*The Center for Digital Government is part of e.Republic, Government Technology's parent company.
These states took home top honors in 2018, earning "A" grades in the Digital States Survey:
These cities each took first place in their population category:
- Coral Gables, Fla., up to 75,000 population
- Westminster, Colo., 75,000-124,999 population
- Bellevue, Wash., 125,000-249,999 population
- Virginia Beach, Va., 250,000-499,999 population
- Los Angeles, 500,000 or more population
- Nevada County, Calif., up to 150,000 population
- Arlington County, Va., 150,000-249,999 population
- Dutchess County, N.Y., 250,000-499,999 population
- Sonoma County, Calif., 500,000-999,999 population
- Montgomery County, Md., 1,000,000 or more population
The winners of the second annual Government Experience Awards were:
- Oakland County, Mich.
- Louisville, Ky.