After reading this article, you will be able to:
- Find potential partners on term contracts that can increase your sales channels.
- Gain competitive intelligence on other vendors and plan to get on expiring contracts.
When it comes to technology, governments have numerous avenues that they can use to procure including Requests for Proposals, bids and perhaps most importantly contracts. The bulk of procurement actually happens on statewide contracts.
Navigator has an up-to-date inventory on over 20,000 statewide IT term contracts in one database. The data we collect includes: current vendor, expiration dates, renewals, and resellers including contact information.
For the purpose of this exercise, let’s imagine that a cyber-security provider is looking to find partners and competitive intel on existing statewide IT term contracts within their “West Coast” territory.
- To start, using Navigator’s header menu locate and click on term contracts.
- Next select the following IT categories for “Cyber Security”:
- Software: Security
- Services: Security Services/Cyber Security
- Network Telecom: Network Security
- Isolate the “West Coast” region using the following: AK, AZ, CA, CO, HI, ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, TX, WA, WY
- Once you’ve selected your categories and states, hit search and then save your search giving it the name “Cyber Security West Coast Contracts”.
- Once your search is saved and the filters are applied, there are 2 areas where you can find partnerships or competitive intel.
- Use the vendor column to see the primary vendors
- Use the reseller column to snap to a list of reseller vendors
- By clicking into a contract that has resellers, it will take you to the contract detail page where it will list detailed information for each reseller: