Customize Your Opportunity Report2
Learn how to create and edit opportunity reports tailored to your technology category and sales territory.
Learning ObjectivesAfter reading this article, you’ll be able to:
- Use filters to define your target opportunity search criteria.
- Save your search for later reference.
- Turn search results into a proactive email report.
- Edit an existing email report.
Define Opportunities Search CriteriaA benefit of Navigator is that it organizes opportunities and market intelligence to the criteria you care about and it will proactively send you a daily email alert with this information. This way you'll never miss another opportunity in your sales territory.
To start, using Navigator’s header menu locate and click on Opportunities
Locate the Search Filters on the left-hand side of page.
Starting at the top of the search filter, you are now ready to build and customize your email report.
- Select Open to filter by open RFPs/bids.
- Navigator can filter over a decade of historical IT procurement data. Select Closed to look at past RFP activity in your territory, for instance to predict follow-up procurements such as a refresh cycle.
- By selecting Awarded you can view additional information such as the awarded vendor and pricing for those contracts where we've been able to capture this information.
To ensure that you don’t miss an opportunity, Navigator recommends that you select all options available to you.
*Note: The developing opportunities option is a benefit of having a Professional license or above and involves our team of researchers manually locating and alerting you to emerging opportunities before a potential formal solicitation.
Now select from Navigator's pre-defined IT categories to define where your solution best fits. If you would like help selecting your categories, please contact email@example.com and a member of our procurement team will be happy to advise you!
Tip: Our procurement analysts personally read and categorize every bid in Navigator. The categories are intentionally broad and represent either a description of the whole project or a component. The best practice is always to be liberal with your category selections at first and pare down as you receive items that you do not want.
Now let’s drill down by territory using our Jurisdiction Filters. These allow you to set your territory by states, counties, zip codes or a combination of these.
- State: provides opportunities across an entire state.
- County: provides opportunities from every local government organization and educational entity located within the selected county. All opportunities from state level agencies and departments are excluded.
- Zip Code: provides opportunities from every organization located within the selected zip code.
- Specific Jurisdiction: provides opportunities only from the selected organization.
Select between different levels of government and education coverage (dependent on license).
This allows you to set range thresholds based on headcount and budgetary parameters.
To run the search, click the green "search button".
Insider Tip: To initiate new search results, make sure to click the green "search" button any time that you adjust your search filters.
Save Your Search for Future ReferenceOnce you have defined your search filters, click the blue “save” button to open the saved search settings. Here you will be able to title and save your search for future reference.
- Click the "downward facing arrow" below to expand and view your previous saved searches.
- Your saved searches are also available to you on the right-hand side of your Navigator homepage.
Turn Search Results into an Email ReportAfter you prompt Navigator to save your search, you can opt to select the frequency that you would like Navigator to alert you of new opportunity results in accordance with your saved search parameters.
In order to receive opportunities based on your search criteria, make sure that Opportunities is ticked. Users also have the option of receiving E-Rate Opportunities and Market Alerts related to their search criteria.
Navigator will only send you an alert with recent results that match your saved search. Updates to a previous opportunity will be noted in “red” within your alert.
Edit an Existing Email Report
- You can always edit your email report, by visiting the “saved searches” section on the right-hand side of your Navigator home page.
- Click the pencil icon next to its name to bring up the creation wizard and follow the steps.
- To delete your e-mail report, click the trash can icon next to its name. Please note this will permanently delete the report and its settings.