How-to Access State & Local Decision Maker Contacts
Learn how to search for and export decision maker contacts from Navigator.
Learning ObjectivesAfter reading this article, you’ll be able to:
- Use filters to define your target search criteria.
- Save your search for future reference.
- Bookmark a contact record of importance to you.
- Export your search results.
Access to Navigator's quality controlled key decision-maker contacts database will eliminate the time it takes you to search for accurate contact information online. Download capabilities will speed your ability to execute targeted campaigns.
Define Contacts Search Criteria
- To start, using Navigator’s header menu locate and click on the Contacts tab.
- Locate the search filters on the left-hand side of page. The search filters can assist you in narrowing down Navigator’s contacts based on role or demographics.
Starting at the top of the search filter, you are now ready to define your custom contacts search.
Roles: This filter allows you to sort by a contact’s level of authority. You may select one or multiple roles.
Insider Tip: Specific titles can vary across jurisdictions o you may want to be somewhat liberal in your selection to ensure that you catch the exact target role that you are looking for.
- State: provides contacts from an entire state.
- County: provides contacts from every local government organization and educational entity located within the selected county. All contacts from state level agencies and departments will be excluded.
- Zip Code: provides contacts from every organization located within the selected zip code.
*This system supports 4-digit or 5-digit zip code formats and can handle up to 1,000 total zip codes.
*Zip codes can be uploaded in bulk.
- Specific Jurisdiction: provides contacts only from the selected organization.
Levels: This filter allows you to select between different levels of government and/or education coverage (dependent on license).
Functions: This filter will help you sort by the primary vertical of that contact’s responsibility.
Jurisdiction Size: Further target contacts based on a jurisdiction’s headcount or budget parameters. population/enrollment, employee headcount and budgetary elements.
Insider Tip: To initiate a new search, make sure to click the green "search" button any time that you adjust your search filters in Navigator.
Save Your Search for Future Reference
- Once you have defined your search filters, click the blue “save” button to open the saved search settings. Here you will be able to title and save your search for future reference.
- Click the downward facing arrow below to expand and view your previous saved searches.
- Your saved searches are also available to you on the right-hand side of your Navigator homepage.
View a Contact Record
- To view a contact record, click on the individual’s name.
- Contact Records will include the primary contact information for the person noted, including address, phone number and e-mail address. Contacts may also have news updates, Linkedin and Twitter feeds available as well.
If this is a contact that you may want to reference frequently, click the bookmark icon next to their name on the contact record, or you will also see the bookmark icon on the far right of your search results.
Bookmark a Contact Record
Your bookmarks can be retrieved in the same location as your saved searches.
- Click the downward facing arrow to expand and view your bookmarked content..
- Your bookmarks are also available to you on the right-hand side of your Navigator homepage.
Download Your Contact Search ResultsIf you have download capabilities, you will see a download button on the top right of your search results.
Note: Contact downloads are a limited resource whose limit is shared between all members of a company account. Before downloading, you will be prompted to confirm both your current contact balance and the remaining balance thereafter.
If you are a primary user with questions about restricting contact downloads, please e-mail email@example.com.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Your state and local sales success is important to us!