Empowering Students to Ensure a Better Future
Kirsten Baesler's passion for education and students is undeniable. With creativity and determination, she is empowering students by ensuring their voices are heard.
Subscribe to "In The Arena" for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Stitcher.
Kirsten Baesler has a deep commitment to empowering students and a passion for raising the standards of education.
She grew up in a family of seven and was always told, "It's not a question of if you can serve, it's a question how you can best serve." This led her to find her passion in education.
Kirsten is the superintendent of public instruction for North Dakota and serves 114,000 students. She believes that empowering the next generation is imperative to a better future. From creating student-led cabinets to improving student performance, she has made preparing students for life after graduation her top priority.
Listen to her "In the Arena" interview to learn what drives her passion for ensuring the success of her students.
- Phil Bertolini, former CIO, deputy county executive, Oakland County, Mich.
- Jo Ann Davidson, Ohio state representative
- Dow Constantine, executive of King County, Wash.
- Harry LaRosiliere, mayor of Plano, Texas
- Rebecca Rhynhart, city controller of Philadelphia
- Michael Crow, president of Arizona State University
- Mayors Melvin Carter of St. Paul, Minn.; Jenn Daniels of Gilbert, Ariz.; Jacob Frey of Minneapolis and Francis Suarez of Miami
- Chris Castro, director of sustainability for Orlando, Fla.
- Kim Foxx, state's attorney for Cook County, Ill.
- Doug Burgum, governor of North Dakota
- Nan Whaley, mayor of Dayton, Ohio
- Steve Benjamin, mayor of Columbia, S.C.
- Kristen Cox, executive director of Utah Office of Management and Budget
- Acquanetta Warren, mayor of Fontana, Calif.
- Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville, Ky.
- Themis Klarides, minority leader of the Connecticut House
- Eric Garcetti, mayor of Los Angeles