From College DJ to King County's Coalition Builder
Seattle born and raised, Dow Constantine serves over 2 million people as Executive of King County.
Subscribe to "In The Arena" for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts or Stitcher.
A fourth-generation Washingtonian and life-long resident of King County, Dow Constantine, who lives in the same West Seattle neighborhood where he grew up, has been involved in local politics since joining a preservation effort as a law school student in the 1980s.
Throughout his service in the Legislature, on the King County Council, and as Executive of King County, Dow has consistently fought for and delivered transportation solutions, environmental conservation, public health and safety, equality and government efficiency.
He was recognized by Governing as a 2016 Public Official of the Year for his accomplishments as a leader, problem-solver and advocate.
Hear more from Dow Constantine on this episode of "In the Arena."
- Harry LaRosiliere, mayor of Plano, Tx
- Rebecca Rhynhart, City Controller, City of Philadelphia
- Michael Crow, president of Arizona State University
- Mayors Melvin Carter of St. Paul, Minn.; Jenn Daniels of Gilbert, Ariz.; Jacob Frey of Minneapolis and Francis Suarez of Miami
- Chris Castro, director of sustainability fpr Orlando, Fla.
- Kim Foxx, state's attorney for Cook County, Ill.
- Doug Burgum, governor of North Dakota
- Nan Whaley, mayor of Dayton, Ohio
- Steve Benjamin, mayor of Columbia, S.C.
- Kristen Cox, executive director of Utah Office of Management and Budget
- Acquanetta Warren, mayor of Fontana, Calif.
- Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville
- Themis Klarides, minority leader of Connecticut House
- Eric Garcetti, mayor of Los Angeles