Recommendations to New York State on IT Governance
Five recommendations for enterprise IT investment.
The Center for Technology in Government (CTG) at the University at Albany-SUNY recently released a report targeted at building new capability for enterprise information technology investment decision making for New York State.Creating Enhanced Enterprise Information Technology Governance for New York State: A Set of Recommendations for Value-Generating makes five recommendations:
- Establish the Executive Enterprise Governance Board (EEGB) to ensure alignment of enterprise IT decision making with current state policies and strategic priorities.
- Establish an Information Technology Investment Board (ITIB).
- Adopt the CIO Council Charter as drafted by the CIO Council Action Team Co-Chairs.
- Establish a Technology Services Advisory Council (TSAC) to oversee the centralized IT services state agencies purchase from CIO/OFT.
- Establish a temporary Enterprise IT Governance Implementation Committee with responsibility to implement the new IT governance structures and design a process for periodic review and assessment of how the new structure enhances the transparency, efficiency and coordination of the state's enterprise IT investment decisions.