In its 13th year, the Best of California Awards program recognizes public-sector professionals and local government organizations for their innovative technology solutions in state and local government across the state.
Technology Leaders Honored as Best of California 2015 at The California Technology Forum
August 13, 2015 -- The Best of California Awards will be presented at the California Technology Forum today by e.Republic’s Center for Digital Government.
Highlights from the 2015 Best of California Awards include:
“These awards are a chance for the people behind these new applications and innovations to be recognized for new services they are bringing to citizens all over the state, said Todd Sander, Executive Director of the Center for Digital Government. “The Center is delighted to honor public servants who are helping move government forward with new technology.”
Winners are selected by a panel of judges based on a number of criteria, including collaboration among agencies, innovative use of technology, economic benefits and improving public services and business processes. During the reception following the California Technology Forum, 26 Outstanding IT Service and Support Awards will also be presented to those dedicated to California public service.
2015 Award Recipients:
Demonstrated Excellence in Project Management
• Dan Stall, Project Manager, California Department of Parks and Recreation
Best Application Serving an Agency’s Business Needs
• Alameda County Shuttle Mobile Web Application
• Personal Duress Alarm System (PDAS), California Department of State Hospitals, Health and Human Services Agency
Best Application Serving the Public
• OPEN BOE, California Board of Equalization
Best IT Collaboration among Organizations
• San Francisco Business Portal, San Francisco Department of Technology
Best In-House Developed Application
• SFO Application-Based Commercial Transport System, San Francisco International Airport
Best Mobile/Wireless Project
• Animal Services and “Finding Rover” Reunite Pets and Owners, County of San Diego Department of Animal Services
Most Innovative Use of Social Media / Citizen Engagement
• Talking Transportation: Countywide Comprehensive Transportation Plan Online Engagement Tool, Contra Costa Transportation Authority
Best Data Analytics / Business Intelligence Project
• Pedestrian and Cyclist Traffic Collision Analysis Project, City of Los Angeles
Special Award: Innovation in Workforce Initiatives
• California Project Academy Series, California Department of Technology
For the govtech.com story on the winners, please visit http://www.govtech.com/computing/2015-Best-of-California-Awards.html.
Outstanding IT Service and Support Award Recipients:
Recognizing the dedicated work of public servants who work day after day - as team members, team leads, IT project leads and managers - upholding the highest standards of public service.
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR DIGITAL GOVERNMENT
The Center for Digital Government is a national research and advisory institute focused on technology policy and best practices in state and local government. The Center provides public- and private-sector leaders with decision support and actionable insight to help drive 21st-century government.
The Center is a division of e.Republic, the nation’s only media and research company focused exclusively on state and local government and education.
For more information, please contact:
Janet Grenslitt, Director of Surveys and Awards