- Former chief information officer, Anne Arundel County, Md.
- Adjunct professor, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, University of Maryland University College, Howard Community College
Key Areas of Expertise:
- IT Strategic Planning
- IT Infrastructure and Broadband
- ERP Planning and Implementation
- Business Process Transformation
With over 40 years of a wide variety of experience in technology and management, Bill Ryan has dedicated his career to Anne Arundel County, Md. Most recently, as chief information officer, Bill was responsible for all operational and strategic information technology functions for the county, providing services to county, library, school board and community college employees at over 300 facilities. One of Bill’s primary and highly visible tasks was ensuring that all county government entities and citizens received the full benefits of a multi-year, robust fiber-optic network implementation — owned and operated by the county.
Joining Anne Arundel in 1981 as a programmer, he rose through the ranks to become chief information officer. In addition to his county service, Bill is also an adjunct professor providing higher education to students in management, technology and research areas.
He has received several Digital Counties “top 10” awards during his tenure.
Bill holds degrees from the University of Maryland University College and Central Michigan University.