Deborah A. Snyder
Deborah is an accomplished C-level influencer, with a broad range of experience in government, policy, cybersecurity, privacy and information technology. An experienced and highly respected thought leader who has held executive roles for over two decades.
She recently retired from her position as New York state’s chief information security officer (CISO) after over 35 years of public service.
In that role, as part of New York state’s information technology transformation and consolidation initiative, she helped redesign how the state protects its data. As state CISO, she directed the state’s comprehensive cybersecurity governance, risk management and compliance program, providing strategic leadership and vision, and assuring business-aligned, risk-based investments that maximized business opportunity and minimized cybersecurity risk. She also directed the NYS Cyber Command Center, hotline, procedures for reporting and response to cyberthreats, and digital forensics.
She holds multiple industry certifications including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP); Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC); SANS Strategic Planning, Policy, and Leadership (GSTRT) Global Information Assurance Certification; and Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Industry Thought Leadership
- Nationally recognized expert, speaker and author who has presented at countless industry conferences. Her future-leaning and compelling perspectives on leadership, organizational change, and cybersecurity make her a highly regarded adviser and sought-after keynote speaker.
- Center for Digital Government (CDG) Senior Fellow
- 2019 StateScoop State Cybersecurity Leader of the Year Award; 2018 SANS National Cybersecurity Innovation Awards - Difference Maker Award
- Co-Chaired the National Campaign for Cyber Hygiene, Center for Internet Security, Council on CyberSecurity, National Governors Association Governors Homeland Security Advisors Council, which provided recommendations for effective defenses against cyberattacks mapped to the National Framework for Improving Critical Infrastructure Cybersecurity.
- Graduate-level course professor, has published numerous articles and co-authored “SECURE – Insights From The People Who Keep Information Safe,” which offers industry insights and perspective on what’s top-of-mind for executives.
- Serves on numerous governing/advisory boards, working groups and mentoring programs.