A Platform with a Purpose
The Accela Civic Platform was designed purposely for government to ignite innovation and citizen engagement that transform government functions with cloud-based solutions, apps and open data. Utilizing an open architecture and centralized shared services, the Civic Platform allows event, transaction and contact activity to be shared across departments to improve communication between office and field workers, citizens, businesses and other key stakeholders.
The platform enables and improves core processes for city, county, state and federal governments, and includes solutions for land management, asset management, licensing and case management, legislative management and more:
- Asset Management: Regulate occupational and operational activity that requires registration, accreditation and renewal, including public works, parks and recreation, wastewater collection and more.
- Citizen Relationship Management: Simplify community engagement and empower citizens to report issues with a 24/7 web portal.
- Environmental Health: Promote and enforce the health, safety and quality of life in your community.
- Finance and Administration: Fuel fast, accurate work with cloud-based solutions to automate finance, utility billing, HR, property tax and payroll tasks.
- Land Management: Facilitate the regulatory activities for use and development of land resources within your jurisdiction, including permitting and inspections, planning and zoning, and code enforcement.
- Legislative Management: Manage your legislative and public meetings and engage your community while saving time and money.
- Licensing: Regulate occupational and operational activity that requires registration, accreditation and renewal, such as alcohol beverage control, business, occupational and professional, and real estate licensing.
- Recreation and Resource Management: Manage your parks and recreation operations and engage with the visitors to your parks, forests and refuges.
- Right of Way Management: Offer visibility and real-time insight into street projects and activities that occur within the public right of way.
Accela’s public sector experience, proven technology and passion for civic innovation make us the platform of choice for agencies seeking to improve government and community engagement. With more than 2,000 customers worldwide, Accela is headquartered in San Ramon, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Portland, Melbourne and Dubai.
Paper-driven processes, siloed departmental data and outdated legacy systems were dragging down performance, efficiency and customer service levels across all City departments, including Planning and Inspections, Fire, Environmental Services. With the Civic Platform, the City has traded the chaos of managing six or seven types of databases for one centralized system that can be easily configured by individual departments to meet their unique needs.
Discover how local government officials can employ the right mix of strategic planning, citizen engagement and innovative technology to attract development and appeal to new and growing businesses. Learn what Boston, Mass., Tampa, Fla., Palo Alto, Calif., and Hillsboro, Ore., have done to meet their long-term economic goals - and the technologies they put in place to get there.
Agency staff can spend hours preparing agendas, minutes and supporting documents. After a meeting, they spend more time - and money - fielding requests for those documents. Learn how to streamline the meeting management process by enabling employees to create and manage legislative information digitally and get the word out to citizens via the channels they use every day.
This Center for Digital Government issue brief explores regionalism - both shared service and shared configuration approaches - that allow jurisdictions to band together to implement impactful and beneficial IT solutions.