The American Council for Technology (ACT) today announced 18 finalists for the 2008 ACT Intergovernmental Solutions Awards (ISA). A committee of government and industry IT professionals, led by co-chairs, Darlene Meskell, director intergovernmental solutions, Office of Citizen Services and Communications, General Services Administration, and Leanne Jones, senior director business development, Abacus Technology Corp., chose the finalists. The finalists represent federal, state and local agencies that clearly demonstrate how adopting best practices -- from government as well as from industry -- leads to measurable improvements in the efficiency and effectiveness of government programs. The winners will be announced on Monday, June 9th at the 28th Annual Management of Change Conference (MOC).
To qualify, agency programs had to demonstrate that they met stringent criteria in five categories:
- The programs are intergovernmental and collaborative
- The programs demonstrate technology leadership and innovations
- The programs demonstrate business transformation
- The programs have measurable impact and results
- The solution is available and can be replicated.
All the finalists have been invited to attend this year's Management of Change Conference from June 8th through 10th in Norfolk, Va., and to exhibit at the government-only Intergovernmental Solutions Showcase.
The 2008 state and local government finalists are:
2008 Federal and Department of Defense Finalists:
- Business Gateway Initiative, U.S. Small Business Administration
- COPA (Center for Parts Activity), Defense Logistics Agency
- DOL HSPD-12 Program, Department of Labor
- Electronic Official Personnel Folder (eOPF), Enterprise Human Resources Initiative (EHRI) PMO
- Information Collection Request, Review and Approval System (ICRAS), Department of Health and Human Services/OS ASRT
- Integrated Acquisition Environment E-Government Initiative, General Services Administration
- Intergovernmental Data-at-Rest Encryption Software Initiative, General Services Administration
- Joint Automated Booking Station (JABS), Department of Justice
- Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Combined Board and Deficiency Report (DR) Change Request Process, USAF, 951st ELSG OL1, Eglin Test Facility
- Medical Communications for Combat Casualty Care, Department of the Army
- National Exercise Simulation Network (SIMNET), Department of Homeland Security
- National Housing Locator System (NHLS), Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) Exchange Standards Development, Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Coast Guard/US-VISIT Biometrics-at-sea Program, Department of Homeland Security.