Photo: Minnesota CIO Gopal Khanna
The National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) this morning announced that Gopal Khanna, Minnesota CIO, has been elected to serve as NASCIO president for its 2008-2009 program year. Khanna will replace Iowa CIO/COO John Gillispie who served as association president for the 2007-2008 program year.
The membership also elected several new officers and directors for the association. The following are the new and returning officers and directors:
- President -- Gopal Khanna, Chief Information Officer, Minnesota
- Vice President -- Gary Robinson, CIO, Washington
- Secretary/Treasurer -- Kyle Schafer, CTO, West Virginia
- Past-President -- John Gillispie, COO, Iowa
Elected Directors (two-year terms):
- Joe Fleckinger - CIO, Oklahoma
- Steve Fletcher, CIO, Utah
- Mike Locatis, CIO, Colorado
- Teri Takai, CIO, California
The newly elected directors are join returning Executive Committee directors Mark Bengel, CIO of Tennessee, Otto Doll, CIO of South Dakota, Tom Jarrett, CIO of Delaware and Dick Thompson, CIO of Maine.
The new leadership officially took effect immediately following NASCIO's State Dinner on the evening of September 23, 2008.