Join Center for Digital Government Co-Executive Directors Teri Takai and Phil Bertolini as they gather (virtually) with CIOs to share their favorite holiday recipes.
From: Mike Hussey, CIO, Utah
1. Cook macaroni according to package directions until noodles are al dente, usually 6 to 7 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Heat the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low and sauté the onions until translucent. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Add the salt and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Pour milk into a microwave-safe bowl and warm in the microwave for 1 minute. Whisk into the butter-flour mixture, stirring consistently until thickened, then turn off heat. Stir in the cheese until melted. Pour macaroni noodles into the cheese sauce and then pour lightly into greased 9 x 13-inch pan, or individual ramekins.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Place the tomatoes over the macaroni. Mix the melted butter and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle over the tomatoes. Sprinkle bacon over top. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until golden brown and bubbly.