Podcast: Social Media Metrics that Work for Government, GSMCON 2016 Recap Recorded Live in Reno
Meet the 2016 Government Social Media Conference scholarship winner, and hear the answer to the question that earned her a ticket to the conference.
Listen using the player above and subscribe on iTunes and Stitcher so you can take it with you.
GSMCON RecapMarian Doucette, the winner of the GovTech Social's "Your Question Could be Your Ticket": scholarship to the second annual Government Social Media Conference asked a particularly important one:
What are best SM reporting system metrics to track for Govt progs/needs & an optimal reporting time frame? #GovTechSocial @govtechnews — Marian Doucette (@iNeedArts) March 16, 2016
They also debrief with GSMCON creator Kristy Dalton on this year's conference and how she measures success.
GovTech Social co-host and Government Technology staff writer Eyragon Eidam previews a story on one sheriff's office success using collective engagement (below).
Then the hosts gave away T-shirts and a little gadget for podcasting in a shameless effort to recruit subscribers to GovTech Social on iTunes. The box of T-shirts is gone, but you can join the growing number of subscribers here.
The live recording followed a discussion of a Letterman-style Top 10 List for Success in Starting a Podcast. That annotated list will be published in the June Edition of Government Technology magazine and even earlier in the GovTech Social newsletter. Be sure to receive your copy by subscribing here or below.
SHOW NOTESHere are links to Eyragon's original reporting from the conference.
- Sheriff's Office Sees Positive Results with Collective Engagement Approach to Social Media
- Using Social Media to Engage Constituents Where, When It Matters
- 4 Factors Agencies Should Consider When Developing a Social Media Policy
- Jackson 5, Rockin' Robin (1972)
- Eva Simons ft. Konshens - Policeman (2015)
- Jerry Doucette, Mama Let Him Play (1977)
- (Plus the theme from The Price is Right and a visit from the rapping mailman)