2012 Best of New York Winners Honored
The best and brightest public-sector IT personnel and projects of 2012 were recognized at the annual GTC East conference in Albany.
The top public-sector technologists and projects in New York were recognized for outstanding leadership and innovation at GTC East: The New York Digital Government Summit 2012 event in Albany.
Presented Wednesday, Sept. 5, the awards were selected by the Center for Digital Government, a research division of e.Republic, the parent company of Government Technology magazine.
The following is a complete list of the 2012 Best of New York award winners:
Demonstrated Leadership in Management of IT:
- Jim Lieb, director, Architecture and Web Solutions, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
Demonstrated Excellence in Project Management:
- Todd Westhuis, Acting Director, Office of Traffic Safety and Mobility, New York State Department of Transportation
Project Excellence Awards
Special Award for Excellence in Business and Economic Development:
- New York State Consolidated Funding Application. New York State Office of the Governor
Best Application Serving an Agency’s Business Needs:
- The New York State Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS), New York State Governor's Office of Employee Relations
Best Application Serving the Public:
- Suffolk County Unified Land Record Retrieval Kiosk, Suffolk County Clerk's Office
- New York State Tax Department Online Services Framework and Portal (OLS), New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
Best IT Collaboration Among Organizations:
- New York State Employment Services System (NYSESS), NYSESS State-wide Steering Committee
Best In-House Developed Application:
- DASH Wireless Street Construction Inspection System, New York City Department of Transportation
Most Innovative Use of Social Media:
- 511NY Open Data and Social Media Communication, New York State Department of Transportation
Green IT Award:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure at NYS DTF, New York State Department of Taxation and Finance
Best Mobile/Wireless Project:
- Mobile TC3 with Status Notifications, Tompkins Cortland Community College
Excellence in IT Service and Support Awards
For a full list of winners in this category, visit the Center for Digital Government.