Remembering the Great Alaskan Earthquake
What one woman reporter did for Anchorage.
You might call this a human interest story, but I listened to it for a number of reasons:
- First-hand accounts on what happened -- what people were thinking
- How just one person, with the right tools, can make a huge difference
- Volunteers pitching in where and when they can
- The role of the family in a disaster -- are they safe?
- The need for information and connections in a disaster
- Sacrificial service in a disaster
All of these things are in this The Daily Podcast, Genie Chance and the Great Alaska Earthquake.
I recommend it for your listening.