Public Technology Institute (PTI) announced the appointment of Clifford Clarke (pictured) as CIO. Clarke is the former CIO with the city of Fort Wayne, Indiana, and has a strong background in information technology in both the public and private sectors. Clarke will work closely with PTI's CIO Council, the network of CIOs and IT executives representing PTI member cities and counties, as well as work with federal agencies, government-related associations and the media when it comes to addressing the technology issues impacting local governments. "Clifford Clarke will serve as a great resource for local governments," said PTI Executive Director Alan Shark in a statement. "Clifford's IT leadership and experience as a former local government CIO is a terrific fit for PTI as we continue to expand the scope of services that we provide to government agencies." Clarke is a Certified Information Security Manager, a Certified Project Management Professional, and is certified in the governance of enterprise information technology.
While at the city of Fort Wayne, Clarke leveraged technology to the benefit of the citizens by leading projects that included:
- Implementing 311 Customer Relationship Management -- One Call to City Hall
- Implementing a storage area network
- Implementing a business class mail system with Microsoft Exchange
- Designing a multi-tier IT network architecture for the Regional Public Safety Academy
- Leading an IT contract request for proposal.