- Properly dispose of bills, monthly statements, credit offers and convenience checks
- Never give out account numbers or social security numbers to strangers
- Never write your social security number on checks or use as a password
- Make sure your full credit card number or expiration date does not appear on receipts
- Do not respond to emails asking for personal information (Example: Bank info update)
In accordance with federal legislation, citizens are able to obtain a free, annual credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies.